Sunday, February 22, 2009

I've been slacking!



Well, the title tells you...I've been slacking in the sewing department. Not for the lack of ideas, just the lack of motivation. I'm hoping I am back on the right track again. I managed to finish my sister-in-law's birthday present but I can't post it until she has it! I'll post that picture later. I did manage to finish a partially done quilt top and the binding is ready too.

It isn't the biggest that I have done and it is not in the colors that I usually do but it is ok - not a favorite. I'm hoping to work some others that have been started so I can get them out of the way and make room for some new ones.

Valentines Day and my birthday have officially passed (well, in 1 hour and 1 minute!) and Ron has had to work for both, so they were not spent the way I wanted but, what can you do? At least I got some sewing done!

The girls are busy still. Sarah got picked up by the Mystic soccer team so she plays with them until the season ends in April. Meg is still playing with her team and learning more each week. Both girls should be starting practices this week on top of their weekly games. Looks like I'll be busy running too - well, driving anyway! Meg is also in the All-City Choir so she has that to look forward to.

Kieran has his preschool screening this week. The shyer he is, the better the chances of him getting a spot...pretty sure he'll get in. He still has issues going to my father he is so shy. Hopefully, he will get in so when Connor starts kindergarten, they will both be in school through the city so no more daycare costs. I can only hope!

I thought I would add a couple past quilts while I was at it...
This was made for my sister in 2006.








This was wall hanging that I made in class. I ended up giving it to Jen. I believe this one is from 2006.


This one was for Emerson 2007.







1 comment:

  1. Now, I LOVE I mean LOVE the first one. I think it is the colors that I love. They pop to me.

    ReplyDelete